Setting Up Your Siteserver E-Mail Account
IMAP is a protocol that keeps all messages and folders on the server. Unlike POP, IMAP offers two-way communication between your Webmail mailbox and your email client(s). This means when you log in to the Webmail Web interface, actions you performed on email clients and mobile devices will automatically appear in the Web interface (and vice versa).
Follow these steps to set up Apple Mail to sync with Webmail via IMAP :
- On your Mac, open System Preferences.
- Click Internet Accounts.
- On the right hand side, scroll down and click Add Other Account...
- Select Mail Account. You may have to scroll up to find it.
- Enter your full name, Email address, and password.
- Click Sign in.
- After clicking Sign in, you will be required to enter the following information on the next page.
- Email address - Your Email address
- User name - Your Email address (From the previous box)
- Password - Your Email password
- Account Type - Select IMAP from the dropdown menu
- Incoming Mail Server - imap.siteserver.com
- Outgoing Mail Server - smtp.siteserver.com
9. Click Sign in.
10. Make sure Mail has a check nextis set to your email f to it.
11. Click Done.
Mac Mail is now set up to send and receive emails using IMAP.