For POP3 e-mail accounts, you can specify how often to check for new items.
- On the Tools menu, point cursor to Send/Receive, point to Send/Receive Settings, and then click Define Send/Receive Groups.
- The keyboard shortcut to open the Send/Receive Groups dialog box is CTRL+ALT+S.
- Select the Send/Receive group that contains the POP3 e-mail account that you want to change.
- Under Setting for group send/receive group name, select the Schedule an automatic send/receive every n minutes check box.
- Enter a number between 1 and 1440. The latter will schedule an automatic send/receive once daily.
Note: When you change the schedule for a Send/Receive group, all accounts in the group are changed, not just the POP3 e mail account.
You can also specify a schedule for send/receive when Microsoft Outlook is offline.
- Under When Outlook is Offline, select the Schedule an automatic send/receive every n minutes check box.
- Enter a number between 1 and 1440. The latter will schedule an automatic send/receive to occur once daily.
Note: When you compose a message and then click Send, by default, the message is sent to your mail server immediately when you are connected. This is not a feature of Send/Receive groups. To change this setting, do the following:
- On the Tools menu, click Options
- On the Mail Setup tab, select or clear the Send immediately when connected check box.
Note: This article applies specifically to versions of Outlook 2007. It may also apply to other versions of Outlook. However, this article has not been tested with other versions yet.