What is Funambol SyncML?
SyncML an open-source, standardized method for synchronizing data. When combined with SmarterMail, you can sync your contacts, calendars, tasks, and notes with your Microsoft Outlook setup.
NOTE: Funambol only works with 32-bit Outlook 2007 and more recent versions. SmarterMail supports version 8.5 of SyncML. It doesnot support syncing your contact pictures on multiple devices.
How do I install and configure Funambol SyncML?
- Download the Funambol SyncML Client for Microsoft Outlook here.
- Before installing SyncML, ensure that Outlook has been closed.
- Double-click on the Funambol SyncML icon to open the Setup Wizard.
- Follow the instructions to complete the Setup Wizard. Be sure to accept the terms of the License Agreement (you will not be able to continue if you do not do this).
- Click Finish. Once you have finished, the Funambol Sync Client will open.
NOTE: If you change your password in our SmarterMail Web Portal, it must be subsequently changed in Outlook and Funambol SyncML.
- Click on Tools and select Options.
- Type in the server location using the following format: https://webmail.siteserver.com/sync/default.aspx
- Type your full email address in the Username field.
- e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter your password in the field marked as such.
- Now click on Sync.
- Select which Items you wish to synchronize (Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Notes, etc.) as well as how often you wish Funambol to sync (Scheduler).
- Click OK and then Sync All.
- Congrats you are now syncing all of your Outlook Contacts, Calendars,
Tasks and Notes to SmarterMail. This Should happen automatically every 5
If you experience any trouble with this, please look at our other Knowledge Base Articles on our website or contact us at email@example.com m.